Southampton City Council is recruiting for an experienced and qualified social worker to join the MASH team based at the Civic Centre.
If you possess the skills, knowledge and enthusiasm for the role then we want to hear from you:
- You will join a busy, innovative, multi-agency team, ensuring that timely and considered decision making results in the right services for children across the city.
- Possess a Social Work qualification (BA/BSc/MA/MSc Social Work, CQSW, DipSW, CSS or CCETSW approved equivalent), you will be registered with SW England.
- You will have safeguarding experience, be child focused and have worked within statutory social work in children and family services.
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, exhibit ethical and professional responsibility and have a passion for Social Work.
- You will be part of a team that are well known for supporting each other, caring about what they do whilst providing a professional service.
For further information about this role please view the job description.
Southampton City Council
We are a leader in local government and are recognised for our innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for our people. We pride ourselves on employing and retaining quality professionals / staff whilst maintaining a family feel where every employee feels wanted and part of a team.
Our staff are instrumental in delivering our strategies and maintaining effective relationships with our partners in the city. We are therefore searching for Social Workers who can help deliver the vision for the entire city, ensuring we leave a positive legacy for future generations.
We value our employees and provide them with the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected experience. Southampton City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce.
We offer a wide range of benefits such as:
• Work-life balance
• Professional development and career advancement opportunities
• Competitive salary
• Culturally safe and respectful environment
• Access to an Employee Assistance Program
• Weekly lunchtime choir and yoga sessions
• Mobile working technologies
• Structured support, guidance and individual / group supervision
• Recognition for hard work and dedication - Reward Programme
• Specialist and targeted team resources, enhancing service offer and your role
• Direct support for teams in daily operations
Contact details for informal discussion:
For further information and details regarding the position please contact the recruitment team in the first instance on email@example.com
- This post requires an Enhanced DBS check.
- This post comes with a £2000 pa market supplement for experienced Social Worker.
- 37 hours per week.
- It is usual for successful candidates to start at the bottom of the pay grade.
To be considered for this post please submit an online application through our website: https://www.southampton.gov.uk/jobs/ or click on the 'Apply for this job' button below.
The supporting statement section of the application form must be completed detailing how you meet the essential, and if applicable the desirable criteria for the role. A CV on its own will not be considered.
Recruitment contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the position please select the 'Apply for this job' button at the bottom of the page.
We’re proud to be #DisabilityConfident and support fair recruitment practices. Find out how you can get involved at gov.uk/disability-confident